Size Me Up!
We know we don’t have to tell you that wearing the right size bra is hugely important. Breast size can fluctuate with age, hormones, and weight change. If you’re not sure if you’re wearing the right size, here are a few easy tips to tell if your bra fits you properly:
- Are you wearing the correct band size (that’s the 28 – 34 measurement)?
- - Your bra should fit snugly around the centre of your back.
- - It shouldn’t ride up at the back; this means the band size is too large. If this is the case, try going down a band size (remember if the cup is OK, then when you down a back size you need to go up a cup size for the same fit)
- - It should feel secure and you should be able to fit only about finger’s width between your back and the strap. Some women like to start at the loosest hook and eye (the last one on the strip) so that as the bra ages and elastic gives they still have a snugly fitting bra. Others prefer to wear it on the middle hook so if you’re feeling bloated you can take it down to the last hook or lose some weight take it up.
- - If it feels too tight try wearing on a looser hook or going up a band size (and down a cup size), you should be able to breath!
- Fit nicely at the front too?
The centre front, which is the area at the front of the bra between the two cups, should sit is flat against the chest.
Don’t despair if you can’t get it to sit totally flat, some breast shapes find it more difficult than others.
- How about those straps?
Making sure that the straps are in the correct position can make a huge difference to the fit.
We’ve put our sliders at the front of the straps for ease of adjustment. We’ve also made our straps a little wider for the larger cup sizes.
- And the Wires?
The wires should sit on your ribcage below the breast tissue, never on it. If you find the wires sit on top of the breast tissue, particularly on the sides, then you could need a larger cup size.
- The infamous “double boob”.
This is where the breasts spill out of the top of the cup to create a double boob effect. This generally means the cup size is too small, so if you have this try going up a cup size.
On the other hand, if you’re finding the cup is gaping then it’s probably too large so try going down a cup size.
Size Chart Guides:
All Undone lingerie follow standard UK sizing. The charts below show how our bra sizing in band size and cup sizes correspond to International bra sizes.
BRA CUP SIZING
BRIEFS, THONG, SHORTS AND SUSPENDERS SIZE CHART
All Undone briefs, thongs, shorts and suspenders are sized: XS – L and correspond to UK dress sizes as follows: XS = 8, S = 10, M = 12, L = 14,
Caring for your all Undone garment:
All our garments should be cool hand-washed with suitable hand-wash detergent. As all our pieces feature beautiful real silk they cannot be machine-washed nor tumble dried. Some of the vivid colours and darks might run so please wash them separately.
Please note that items that have been washed are non-returnable.
The more love you give to your lingerie the longer it will last!